Please be advised that the ATO's system for lodging STP reports will NOT be available between:
12.00 noon AEDT on Tuesday 24 December 2019 and 6.00am AEDT on Thursday 2 January 2020
Single Touch Payroll (STP) reports and business responses received up until 12.00 noon AEDT on Tuesday 24 December 2019 will be processed as normal. After this time, the ATO will still receive STP reports, however they will not be processed until after the closedown period from 6.00am AEDT on 2 January 2020.
What you need to do
You DO NOT need to do anything in Infinet Cloud Payroll as our system will continue functioning as per normal. If you run a pay run during this period then we advise that you hold off lodging the STP report until after Thursday 2 January 2020. However, if you do lodge an STP report during this period then that's okay - it just won't be processed until after Thursday 2 January 2020 (see Additional Information below).
Please do not contact our support regarding STP submissions during this period.
- If you don’t have any pay runs that fall between 12.00 noon AEDT on Tuesday 24 December 2019 and 6.00am AEDT on Thursday 2 January 2020, you won’t be affected by the ATO closedown period.
- Penalties will not apply for missed or late reporting during the ATO closedown period.
- If you continue to lodge STP reports during this ATO’s closedown period. You will continue to receive an EBMS:0006 response message. Once the ATO's systems are back up and running, you will progressively receive business response messages as we process the held STP reports.
- Do not lodge a Full File Replacement (FFR) during the ATO’s closedown period. Wait until you have returned to normal pay day reporting after the closedown and received a business response for the original file you submitted.
- If you find there’s a need to correct information you previously reported, you can make any changes in your first pay run from 6.00am AEDT on Thursday 2 January 2020.