If you need to block certain dates from being booked by employees this can be done by creating a custom leave type and using a leave block.
Creating a New Leave Type
First you will need to create the Leave Type
- Go to Payroll Administration > Payroll Setup > Pay Component Sub Type
- Open "Annual Leave"
- Hover over "Actions" and click "Make Copy"
- Change the name to "Blocked Days" or similar
- Main - untick "Show in Time Entry"
- Leave Management - untick "Show in ESS". Ensure "Leave Request Inline Process" is ticked so that it doesn't show on the payslips or interfere with payroll
- Select "Do Not Use" for Reference Rate Calculation
- Save the Pay Component Sub Type
Entering a Leave Block
The date you wish to block employees booking will then be blocked using a leave block (further instructions on Creating a Leave Block) so that they are unable to enter another leave request on the same date.
- Navigate to Payroll Administration > Leave Management > Leave Block List > New
- Name the Leave Block - e.g. Blocked Days Christmas
- Select the Subsidiary
- Enter the dates to be blocked
- Set the status to "Approved"
- Select the leave type of "Blocked Days"
- Tick Suppress Email
- If necessary - filter by department
- Click "Mark All" or select those you wish to apply this to
- Then "Save", this will create the requests
When a leave request is then attempted for this employee on those dates they will receive a message stating that they already have a leave request in and therefore cannot book.